A beautiful hotel bathroom can often be the catalyst a consumer needs to take the plunge and embark their own bathroom revamp, and they're a source of ideas for designers too – Angelica Hedges rounds up 10 incredible hotel bathrooms that offer plenty of visual inspiration for residential projects.
1. The Palacio Principe Real Hotel in the heart of Lisbon offers its guests a seriously luxurious experience. The master suite bathroom is kitted out in suitably refined Drummonds products, such as the Tay Bath with its hand-polished exterior, shown here. Complete with light grey and white marble flooring, the scheme has an elegant pair of classic white creamic pedestal basins, in front of a stud wall that conceals the spacious showering area.
2. Located over the High Line in Manhattan, the Standard Hotel in New York features Duravit’s imposing Starck bath, designed by Philippe Starck, and accompanied by an elegant floorstanding bath filler. The contemporary-style bath is place centrally for maximum visual impact, and also so bathers can enjoy sensational views of the skyline and the city that never sleeps in comfort, while reclining on the bath's sloped backrests, supported by the oval-shaped design. The bath measures 1800 x 800mm.
3. The Hotel Indigo in Warsaw features Kaldewei's Puro bath in one of its master suites – a four-cornered model, in a straight-lined purist design, which is single-ended with the waste at the foot end. Pictured here in clean Alpine white, and available in varying sleek finishes including Bahama Beige and Black, the Puro comes in lengths from 1600mm to 1900mm, and is made from 100% recyclable Kaldewei steel enamel.
4. The Six Senses luxury wellness resort in Ibiza features stylish bathrooms, all benefitting from panoramic views of Xarraca Bay on the northernmost point of the island. In this suite, the bay can be enjoyed from the comfort of the Elwick bath from Victoria + Albert Baths – a double-ended, freestanding model, which is mounted on a pedestal base, subtly concealing the waste plumbing, and forming an elegant silhouette. The rim detailing adds a modern touch to a traditional design, which measures 1902 x 910mm.
5. Located in the North tower of exclusive wedding and event venue No.3 The Chateau, in Cognac in South-West France, this bathroom benefits from glorious vineyard views and a spacious design. The symmetrical scheme features a 2.5metre walk-in shower, 'his and hers' basins and an opulent freestanding brass bathtub. The additions of Swan-neck Outdoor and Bathroom Wall Lights in Brass from Industville and a separate WC room match functionality with luxury.
6. This bathroom is connected to a deluxe guest bedroom at the 5-star St Regis Hotel in Istanbul, which has a luxe interior designed by WATG and Wimberley Interiors. This opulent marble scheme with a gold door, double vanity and separate shower, features the steel enamel Conoduo bath from Kaldewei, which was designed for the brand by Sottsass Associati. This built-in model measures 1800 x 800 x 420mm.
7. The grand Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire offers a sophisticated and Art Deco inspired experience, with bathrooms fitted with ornate Drummonds products. This spacious and decorative scheme features the Double Lower Vanity basin in an Antique Brass finish, with a hand-cut White Arabescato marble countertop and splashback, boasting detailed moulding and integrated soap dishes. Drummonds' Coll 3-Hole Basin Mixer and 4-Bar Floor-Mounted Towel Rail add the finishing touches to a regal interior.
8. In the Arlberg region of Austria, the Lech Lodge offers an opulent experience with private luxury chalets designed by Christian Prasser of CP Architektur, and sleek bathroom fixtures to match. Perfectly positioned in the centre of the bathroom, the Ellipso Duo Oval Freestanding Bath from Kaldewei features two matching back rests, and a smooth shoulder rest for assured relaxation. The centrally positioned waste is paired with the enamelled waste cover with an integrated overflow knob to bring the design together.
9. In the beautiful surroundings of the Yorkshire Dales, Grantley Hall offers a classically elegant setting featuring products from Victoria + Albert Baths. In one of their junior suites at the hotel, the Warndon bath blends the traditional and contemporary to form an elegant bathroom scheme. The detailed stonework on the ribbed rim compliments the modern lines of its surroundings seamlessly, completing the luxurious feel of the sleek bath, which measures 1702 x 801 mm.
10. The newly renovated Nobis hotel offers a stylish and sophisticated approach to luxury, with the bathrooms all benefitting from lofty high ceilings, and characterised by a unique minimalist style. Each features a spacious bathtub, elegant marble tiles and a large single mirror placed above the basin, and to complete the experience, a spacious shower cubicle, enclosed by a sheet of glass, and completed with a bespoke extra-long drain from Unidrain.