An exquisite basin stand is an elegant way to add a luxe flourish to a bathroom scheme – here we round up 10 of the latest launches.
1. The New Classic collection, designed for Laufen by Marcel Wanders, is characterised by soft curves and flowing lines across the whole range. The vanity stand is made from walnut and supports a basin made from the brand’s SaphirKeramik material, with both available in three different sizes – 600mm, 800mm and 1200mm.
2. The Etoile Hardwick basin stand from Imperial Bathrooms, shown here with the large Etoile basin, measures 870mm high and 820mm wide. It comes in either a Chrome, Antique Gold or Polished Nickel finish, and features slender glass legs, and can also be teamed with the brand’s Black Sapphire range of ceramic basins for dramatic effect.
3. The Candella 100 washstand from Victoria + Albert, pictured here with the brand’s Lario 100 Solo washbasin, comes in a polished chrome finish and measures 479mm wide and 907mm high. A contemporary take on a classic style, it features two legs, a handy towel rail and a toughened glass shelf for storage.
4. The Academy basin stand by Oasis is handmade in the Veneto region of Italy. Shown here with a ribbed mirror glass finish, it also comes in a choice of ribbed coloured glass or ribbed lacquer, as well as diamond bevelled mirror, bronze and smoked mirror glass versions. It comes in four sizes, as well as double basin or bespoke options.
5. The Shoreditch Frame 600 furniture stand by Britton measures 570mm wide and has a clean, contemporary aesthetic. Made from steel and with an on-trend Matt Black finish, it feature towel rails and a lower shelf, and comes with a co-ordinating 600mm ceramic basin. It is also available in three larger sizes to fit 700mm, 850mm and 1000mm sized basins.
6. The Victorian basin stand from Perrin & Rowe accommodates the Victorian and Deco basins, and is pictured in Satin Brass – a raw and unlacquered finish that has been brushed for a matte effect that will change over time. Shown with co-ordinating Satin Brass basin mixer, it's also available in Chrome, Nickel, Pewter, Polished Brass, Gold and English Bronze.
7. The Double Locky basin stand from Drummonds features detailed brass casting, and is available in Unlacquered Brass, Polished Nickel, Polished Chrome, Antique Bronze, Antique Nickel or Antique Brass, pictured here. It measures 1360mm wide and has a basin top in either Green Verde Guatemala marble or White Arabescato marble, shown here.
8. The Edwardian 510mm basin stand from Burlington, which has a broad range of period-style washstand products in its portfolio, is made from brass with a chrome-plated finish, and is shown here with the brand’s bespoke Alaska Blue basin. It is also available in 560mm and 610mm widths, as well as a rounded 560mm version.
9. The XViu floorstanding metal console with C-bonded washbasin by Sieger Design from Duravit combines elegance and an industrial edge by blending precise geometry with soft curves. It measures 800mm wide and has a Matt Black finish, and features a glass shelf that comes in a choice of Apricot Pearl, Black, Flannel Grey and White.
10. The Plural washbasin unit was designed for VitrA by Terri Pecora – shown here in Matt Taupe and Oak, it features organic shapes and fluid lines, and complements WCs, bidets, shelving, basins and vanity units in the same award-winning collection. This version is 1000mm wide with an integrated ceramic washbasin.