Wherever your creative muse is taking you, there is a sink out there that will complement your vision. Emma Hedges rounds up 10 sinks that will enhance the scheme you're working on.
1. Blanco’s Subline undermount sink range is available in ceramic, as well as 10 Silgranit colours including Black, pictured here, and an on-trend Concrete-style. It features an elegant, straight-lined look to suit an overall contemporary aesthetic, fits harmoniously into the worktop and comes in a variety of sizes with the option of a lower central divide to create two bowls if required. Optional accessories are also available.
2. The Axix range from The 1810 Company offers seven different bowl sizes from 190mm to 90mm wide, and can be combined with solid surface, quartz or stone work surfaces to give the appearance of a steel-bottomed, material-clad sink. It comes in stainless steel, gunmetal copper and gold brass, with matching taps available. Pictured here is the AxixUno 450U in a Gunmetal finish with the Courbe tap in Matte Black.
3. The Kombino 50 gold undermount sink has a bowl measuring 500 x 400mm and is shown here with a matching tap, with both part of the Monarch collection from Alveus Sinks, available exclusively at PWS. A bold centrepiece sink with a metallic PVD finish, other colours in the range are Anthracite, Bronze and Copper. Sink and tap can both be purchased here.
4. Franke's new Maris 110-72 undermount sink offers a 720 x 400mm bowl, which can accommodate large bulky items, and fits an 800mm cabinet. The range includes two additional single-bowl models and a 1.5 bowl option. Made from the company's hygienic Fragranite material, the sinks come in four finishes – Matt Black, Polar White, Coffee, and Stone Grey, pictured here.
5. Shaws' Shaker 800 sink from its Gallery Collection is shown here with a decorative front apron featuring fine vertical lines, with the pattern applied during the glazing process so it will not fade with time. With a generous-sized bowl measuring 410 x 545mm, it is also available in a double bowl version, and offers an individual look for those after a personalised design.
6. The Stainless Steel Belfast Sink from Abode has a brushed finish and is made from 1.2mm 304 grade stainless steel. Offering an intriguing blend of traditional and contemporary styling, with a twist on a classic design, the sink has an overall length of 465mm and is suitable for a 600mm minimum base unit, with its large capacity bowl being particularly appealing to keen cooks.
7. The new contemporary-style Cosmo sink from Rangemaster is an addition to its stainless steel portfolio, and features an integrated tap deck with an extremely slim profile. The compact, square-shaped design measures just 600 x 515mm, and features a Micro-Sheen finish, providing a soft, brushed appearance while enhancing the surface's resistance against heat, scratches and stains.
8. The Ego granite sink from Reginox is available in four colours – Black, White, Cream and Titanium, shown here – and is designed for insetting. It comes in three sizes – 400mm (small single), 475mm (1.5 bowl) and 480mm (large single) – and features contemporary styling that blends curved corners with right angles to create a distinctive look.
9. A recent update to the Shaws Bowland sink is the new ultra-smooth and tactile on-trend Matt Black finish. The Bowland comes with a distinctive fluted front making it a perfect addition for both contemporary and tradiitonal kitchen schemes, and measures a generous 595 x 465 x 220mm. It's also available in White or Biscuit.
10. The Spectra sinks from Rangemaster are available in three colours: Gold, Graphite and Copper, pictured here. The metallic PVD stainless steel model boasts a durable and scratch-resistant finish, and is designed to suit any contemporary kitchen with fittings for both inset and undermount installation, making it compatible with all types of worktop material and placement, including islands. Colour co-ordinated overflow and waste covers are also included as standard.