Nothing in interior design says glamour and sophistication in the same way a freestanding bath does – Emma Hedges rounds up 10 statement tubs to help create that ultra-luxe space.
1. The RAK-Cloud bath is from the collection of the same name, and is made of RAK Ceramics' RAKSOLID durable material, which is composed of a mixture of natural minerals and resins. The Matte White interior finish is pleasant to touch and provides anti-slip safety, while the bath's exterior comes in White, Greige, Cappuccino, Grey and Black, pictured.
2. The Oasis Hammock Bath from the Hammock Bath Company can be hung between two walls, or placed between two stands to create a central focal point. Made from a durable solid surface material, the bath can accommodate two adults comfortably. A pedestal version – the Mirage – is also available, and the range also comes with a matching basin.
3. The Ovali bath from BC Designs is egg shaped with thick rims and reclining sides for a comfortable bathing experience. It is manufactured using the company's Acrymite acrylic material to ensure a seamless, glossy finish, and is available in two sizes – 1690mm and 1805mm. It has a water capacity of 258 litres, and weighs approximately 25kg.
4. The New Classic freestanding bathtub from Laufen is part of the collection designed for the brand by Marcel Wanders re-interpreting classical styles. Measuring 1900 x 900 x 580mm, it is said to have an ergonomic back-friendly design, and is made from solid surface material Sentec, which is soft to touch. The distinctive curved shape of the bath is echoed in the countertop washbasins.
5. The Napoli bath from Victoria + Albert is conceived as a low-slung shell, and is made from the company's Quarrycast material. Available in either a Gloss or Matt finish, it measures 1900 x 845 x 503mm and has a 138litre capacity. It can be customised in a selection of 199 colours, and co-ordinates with the basin in the range that features the same elegant silhouette.
6. The Maui bath from Roca has an oval shape with an elongated backrest for enhanced comfort, and measures 1500mm long. The contemporary-style tub has a vintage feel to it so that it blends with a variety of schemes, and is made from Stonex, which provides a smooth, anti-slip surface, that is said to be durable and easy to maintain. A square version – the Kauai – is also available.
7. The Opal Quiz bath from Acquabella is available in the full Acquabella colour range, (Standard, Natural and RAL) and measures 1800 x 550mm, with a width at its widest point of 800mm. It is made from Akron, a composite material made of a mixture of resin with natural minerals, which is warm to the touch, resistant to damage caused by impact, and antibacterial.
8. The Balthazar double-ended bath from Clearwater comes in a choice of three finishes – Black, Matt White and Chrome, as shown here. Suitable for installation with wall-mounted or floorstanding taps, it is made from the brand's ClearStone solid surface material with a polished stainless steel outer layer, and measures 1675 x 761 x 711mm.
9. The Linda-X freestanding bath is part of the new collection from Ideal Standard designed by Ludovica + Roberto Palomba, which is a celebration of the original Linda range created by Achille Castiglioni, and part of the brand's Atelier Collection. The bath features elegant curves and slim edges, and is complemented by the Joy taps collection.
10. The BetteEve Oval Silhouette bath from Bette is designed for the brand by Dominik Tesseraux. Made from 100% recyclable glazed titanium steel, it measures 1800 x 1000mm, and has symmetrical backrests on both sides so two people can sit comfortably. It is available in over 400 colours, including Matt White, Glittering Midnight and Blue Satin.